Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

Dear Sir, I want to purchase a used car from New Delhi. Presently I am residing at Guwahati(state: ASSAM). What are the formality I have to do to bring the car to Guwahati so that I can change the registration to Guwahati. Please advice in sequence. Also, Please inform what are the taxes I have to pay in this process. Thanking you, Yours sincerly Mrinmoy Das. Airports Authority of India. Guwahati Airport. Guwahati
By Mrinmoy Das 05 May 2010
Expert`s comment:

The process involves getting No objection certificate from the registering RTO of Delhi.It may taken up to 15 days or so.Later the same is to be produced at RTO of yourresidence area.Also you will have to pay road tax which depends upon state policy and cost of the car.The process would be lot more easier if you have contact of persons known to you in Delhi.

Answer by Shiva Shankar 05 May 2010
Post your answer:
Your answer

Provide Contact Details