Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

I am planning to buy a car from a party in thodupuzha. But I am in trivandrum. The car runs on petrol as well as LPG, which is endorsed. Kindly advice me how can I legally transfer the car to my name and what are the formalities involved in thodupuzha and much will it cost me for the transaction??

By Gopalakrishna Menon on Jan 27, 2010


  • Expert Hi,
    Aas Both city are in same state, transfer of ownership will be easier. Take no objection form from owner and submit in the RTO of your region along with relevent documents such as address proof,PAN number etc and it will be transferred to your name within a matter of 15 days or so.Fee could be around 300 Rs.
    Answer by Shiva Shankar on Jan 27, 2010

  • Take NOC from the current owner with some forms(forms are free or else give 5 Rs from agents) and give it to your RTO.Fee I am not sure but I am sure that you have to give a 'small cover' for get it done immediately.And buying a second hand car from dealers is risky especially from Thodupuzha,Muvattupuzha,Erattupetta and Kanjirappalli.
    Answer by Panicker on Jan 28, 2010

  • Thanks a lot Mr. Siva shankar and Mr. Panicker.Thanks to too.Why is it risky to buy car from dealers of thodupuzha,muvattupuzha and erratupetah etc?? Please enlighten me.
    Answer by Manoj on Jan 28, 2010

  • I am basically from that area 50% dealers are selling stolen vehicle and accident vehicles.But still there are 50 goods are there.And they are making duplicate documents and selling the vehicles.Advise is take more care and does not mean all are fraud,but frauds spoils good people's name also.
    Answer by Panicker on Jan 28, 2010

  • I am looking a for a used ZEN or swift for my wife who tuk license recently.Please help.
    Answer by Manoj Menon on Jan 30, 2010

  • Buy Swift but only the problem its little hard for new drivers due to lack of front and rear view.No problem she will be fine with within two days.If its Zen Estilo ots OK.
    Answer by Panicker on Jan 30, 2010

Post your Answer


Similar Questions