Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

hi am having ford ikon and now its front shocks giving trouble.. i want to change it but am confused that only i need to change shock absorbs or also suspension lower arm.. please guide me through this.....

By Arjun on Jan 21, 2010


  • If any damage in the arm change it oherways change only shock absorber.
    Answer by Panicker on Jan 21, 2010

  • Expert Hi,
    Its good enough to change shock absorbers.Unless lower arm is damaged as mentioned by Mr Panicker.
    Answer by Shiva Shankar on Jan 21, 2010

  • Hi arjun ,

    I am glad to know that ur taking extra care of ur ford machine . As per my view , first of all, check whether the shocks are really not working properly or is it the struts and the mounts ? , usually in ford ikon, struts and mounts do get damaged , get it checked at an authorized service station , i am sure that they will guide u properly ,the price for the struts is 1500/- approx for a individually unit . if the shocks are damaged , in my advice u just have to change shock absorbers and not the suspension unit and lower arm . , its a personal advice to you that , get ur car checked in an Authorized service station .
    Answer by Yasser on Jan 21, 2010

Post your Answer


Similar Questions