Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

Hi! I have sold my santro last in 2008 to a buyer who lives in Gaziabad and the vehicle was delhi registered. He is not transferring the vehicle on his name as he had to take NOC etc.. which costs more than Rs. 5000/- or for any other reason. I am very concerned that if in future any mishappening occured, i have to get involved as vehicle is still on my name. I had taken the delivery receipt signed by him and also his Voter I-card photocopy. What should i do so that he can transfer it in his name or i secure myself? plz suggest. Thanks
By Rahul Mittal 01 January 2010
Expert`s comment:

You can tell the new owner to get it transferred urgently if not you can write a letter to RTO of your region informing about sale details and get a acknoledgement regarding the same. It will be helpful to avoid future problems.

Answer by Shiva Shankar 01 January 2010

Hi Rahul.
Without any further delay, write a letter to the RTO as well as your nearest police station informaing them the sale of the car as well as non-transfer by the new owner. You will be legally on the safe side by doing this.

Answer by Chandan Soni 01 January 2010
Post your answer:
Your answer

Provide Contact Details