Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

Hi, I m a handicapped person with both legs polio affected. I want a car either maruti 800 or like that. U suggested sometime back to someone that buy any old car and get that modified to automatic gear system..I want to know that how and from where I can get a car modified if I buy an old one.... With Regards Raju Bansal
By Raju Bansal 12 December 2009

Which City are you from?

Answer by Benny 12 December 2009

It is not easy to 'modify' a car from manual transmission to automatic. It is a whole new transmission and will be an extensive task. If you're not particular about a Maruti 800, you may be able to find quite a few cars in the second hand market that are already automatic. Maruti 800s are also available but may be very small in number. Good luck!

Answer by B S Kumar 12 December 2009

I am from Chandigarh....

Answer by Raju Bansal 12 December 2009

You can get 2nd hand automatic Santro at a resonable price. If you already own an 800 then it wud make sense to spend on it. Else dnt buy and change to automatic it mite work out costly!

Answer by Chandy 12 December 2009

i deal in used cars in delhi, i will give u best option of automatic car which will be in ur range...
if interested thn cal me at 9910405251

Answer by Dipanshu 12 December 2009

I am from Kerala. I found a T.V. Show last week about a handicapped person who modified more than 300 cars according to the need of user, even fully hand operated car like 800, wagon R with gear system. His name is Musthafa & mobile Number is 9447137572(kerala)

Answer by Sajeed 12 December 2009

hi you could buy an automatic instead of modifying m800 as it is a crude car to drive and better prefer an automatic like i10

Answer by Saravanakumar 12 December 2009

if u do not own ne car now den i would like to advice u to buy ne maruti automatic car n den ask a local car mechanic in chandigarh to get all the leg controls in hand by doing some welding techniques. it is very much possible as i myself have seen such kindof maruti 800 yr92 model converted for handicap ppl n dat car is like amazingly working well till now.

Answer by Keshav 12 December 2009

THe car had been sold before on year

Answer by Arvind Gupta 12 December 2009
Expert`s comment:

The car can be modified with AT version for smoother gear operation.Seat and the brake pedal should be adjusted according to requirment.Please consult any mechanic in nearby service center for alterationAlso its mandatory to take permision from RTO before for such modifications.

Answer by Shiva Shankar 12 December 2009

Any can can be modified according to your need. please keep in touch with your nearest dealer.

Answer by Gunasekaran 12 December 2009

if any disable person from west bengal want to modify his car.please contact mobile number is -9851023572

Answer by Krishna Roy 05 May 2011
Post your answer:
Your answer

Provide Contact Details