Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

I purchased a Tata Safari in Jul 03. It stopped on the road twice before an electrical part was replaced in the first few days. Now I wanted to sell it. To my surprise I found the vehicle rgistered was a Dec 01 model. Is this the normal. The dealer registeres teh vehicle. WOuld it not be necessary for him to inform me that the registered vehicle is old and will not have the latest features. I did nbot get any discount, I paid the 2003 list price. What can I do? Are there any options for redressal of this act which is clearly unethical? Blaise
By Blaise Costabir 11 November 2009
Expert`s comment:

The dealer need to give clear explanation for this.Otherwise you have all rights to approach consumer court.

Answer by Shiva Shankar 11 November 2009

The first step is go and confront the dealer with the registration misprepresentation and see what he says. Next, complain to the Company Tata Motors in writing; if they don't respond properly, then approach the Consumer court with all the facts, along with the report of the defect.

Answer by J Y Desai 11 November 2009
Post your answer:
Your answer

Provide Contact Details