Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

I have recently come to Jamshedpur to join my new job here. I own two vehicles a car (Tata Safari registered in Gurgaon purchased a year ago) and a Bullet Motorcycle (registered in Delhi about 3 years back), for which I have paid one-time road tax as per rules at the time of purchase. I am planning to stay here working in this job for may be next couple of years and then try and get back to Gurgaon/Delhi where I have my own house and where I have lived for last 22 years. My question is a)How to I proceed to keep these vehicles temporarily running here? b) What are the minimum formalities in this regard?Many people are giving me different answers for this, I am looking for an authentic one. Please respond in as much details you can, for both my vehicles. Regards Jiwaji Desai
By J Y Desai 07 July 2009
Expert`s comment:

The best solution lies in purchasing a second hand bike and sell the same later.As far as Safari is concerned you can use the same in Jamshedpur also for two years unless objected by traffic police.As the vehicle is in your name, it wont be much of a problem.

Answer by Shiva Shankar 08 August 2009
Post your answer:
Your answer

Provide Contact Details

Similar questions:
See All Questions