Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

I want to buy 2005 model honda city from mumbai. I am located in gujarat. As per RTO rules, i have to pay 6% tax to change registration from maharastra to gujarat.Can i get refund from RTO mumbai for tax which was paid during purchse of car. Alternatively, Could u pl. give ph. no. of auto consultants in mumbai who can help in this matter

By HRGARG on Mar 25, 2009


  • Expert Hi,
    Once change of registration processis completed you can get refund of road tax paid in earlier city.The present owner of car (ie you if you buy the car) will only be eligible for the same as he would be paying the road tax for change of registration .
    Answer by Shiva Shankar on Mar 26, 2009

Post your Answer


Similar Questions