Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

What is the paperwork / documentation that needs to be finished to complete a 2nd hand car sale / purchase?
By Rohan Thomas 03 March 2009
Expert`s comment:

The documentation includes . closing of sale deed by taking delivery note from owner. Getting sign for no objection for transfer of ownership, Original documents .The process is completed once RC book and insurance transferred in the name of new owner.

Answer by Shiva Shankar 03 March 2009

Hi Rohan,
u need the following documentations:
1.A signed sale deed indicating the closure of sale
2.Form 29
3.Insurance of vehicle
4.Latest PUC
5.Copy of RC
Submit these documents to the regional RTO with copy of address proof to complete transfer of ownership. Based on these documents, RTO will issue RC with change in ownership

Answer by Dipankar 03 March 2009

Thanks guys;

Answer by Rohan Thomas 03 March 2009

I am planning to sell my car in Kolkata. What are the paperwork / documents that needs to given to the buyer to complete a 2nd hand car sale? Do I need to inform the Police and Motor Vehicles Department?

Answer by VP VENKATRAMAN 03 March 2009
Post your answer:
Your answer

Provide Contact Details