Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

1. Can a foreigner (European) buy a second hand motorcycle in India on his name if he is on a tourist visa? 2.Can he apply for a driving licence? If yes what all document will be required from him.

By Samraat Jamwal on Apr 1, 2008


  • Expert Hi,

    You can buy a second hand motorcycle. Please contact nearest RTO for details regarding documents required for licence
    Answer by Shiva Shankar on Sep 13, 2008

  • Fine I have bought and:
    need deregistration couse want to ship it outside: RTO says deregistration only if bike is scrapped!
    if I ask for registration in my name RTO ask for citizenship - but I am foreigner!
    Answer by Kris Garscia on Oct 7, 2013

Post your Answer


Similar Questions