Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

Hi Experts Scenario is for my car relocation from one state to another... Road TAX 1) Bought car and paid tax in Chandigarh 2) later relocated to Hyderabad and Paid tax again 3) Need to relocate back to Chandigarh, so do I need to pay TAX again. PS- Is there a procedure to get TAX refund from Hyderabad. If yes, brief me the procedure.
By Karan Singh 01 January 2009

As per my knowledge its possible, when I bought my car in 2006 my RTA broker told me that if you are reloacting withing X years then there is an option to get refund. Please contact him for further details: His name is Raju and contact number is 9246157989

Answer by Manoj 01 January 2009
Expert`s comment:

Considering that you have completed all procedure of change of registration including road tax , You can re locate to Chandigarh and apply for change of registration and complete all formalities. Once its done you can apply with fresh application for refund of tax from Hyderabad. As far as road tax payable at Chandigarh is concerned , You need not pay tax if after change of registration to Hyderabad you have not claimed refund of road tax that has been payed while buying new car at Chandigarh .

Answer by Shiva Shankar 01 January 2009
Post your answer:
Your answer

Provide Contact Details