Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

Hello, I intend to buy a Car in Pune and provide the address of my Uncle, where I reside temporarily due to work. My permanent residence is in Mumbai. 1. Will there be any issue related to Road tax? 2. Any complications for Insurance claims in future? 3. Can I still register the car in my name? 4. Any other documentation to be provided along with the address proof of my uncle?
By Ash 11 November 2008
Expert`s comment:

There will not be any road tax issue as road tax will be same in all over the state.No complications will arise for insurance claims. You can register car in your name.You can provide id proof and address proof of your permanent address in Mumbai .RTO rules suggest that the vehicle to be registered in RTO near the locality . The best solution will be to buy in Pune and get the car registered in RTO near to your permanent residence.You may take help of the dealer for the same .They can be expected to help in this regard to achieve customer satisfaction.

Answer by Shiva Shankar 11 November 2008
Post your answer:
Your answer

Provide Contact Details