Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

If I purchase a new car in other state and bring it through transport, do I have to pay road taxes of both the states? what would be the formalities.
By A K Chakrabarty 01 January 2011

The question raised by you is now pending before the Supreme Court of India. Various high courts have held that entry tax has to be paid if a vehicle is 'imported' from another state. Some high courts have held that it need not be paid.
Now there is stay of any payments. However, if the case in the Apex Court if the Court takes a stand that it has to be paid, then the amount will be recovered from you later.

As of now no entry tax.

Answer by Sanjay 01 January 2011
Expert`s comment:

If you are transfering the registration fromone state to tother then you wil have to pay road tax as per rules of the state and later get refund of fee paid in earlier state.

Answer by Shiva Shankar 01 January 2011
Post your answer:
Your answer

Provide Contact Details