Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

Dear Shiva,I am the owner of a Tata Indica LSi, 2004 model. I am now planning to sell it and buy either a Maruti Estilo or WagonR K10. I have had a blemish-free insurance record. My question is whether I can transfer my claims-free record to the new car and hence get a lower insurance premium? Do i have to sell the Tata Indica first in order to get insurance rebate on the Maruti model? One more query is which model would you recommend between Maruti Estilio and WagonR K10 and why? Would appreciate a quick response, since i would like to make a purchase ASAP. Thanks and Regards.
By Manish 12 December 2010
Expert`s comment:

Selling of the present car and buying new car are different tasks. Insurance can not be transfered however you canget better resale value for no claims.
To select one, New Wagon R would be a better selection for improved interiors and exteriors along with good mileage with k series engine.

Answer by Shiva Shankar 12 December 2010

Insurance can be transferred. I have always been transferring insurance of my old car on new car since 1988 and getting 65% No Claim Bonus on new policy. You need not sell the car first, you just have to get a third party policy for your old car.

Answer by RAHUL 12 December 2010
Post your answer:
Your answer

Provide Contact Details