Please Tell Us Your City

Cars Q&A

Hi, I have a 2009 RE STD 350 Cast Iron Bullet bike that has done 3400 kms till date, I accidentally damaged the threads of the spark-plug hole in the Cylinder head. I have a comprehensive insurance from IFFCO TOKYO. I would like to know if the repairs/replacement can be claimed from insurer. If "Yes" how to go about claiming the expenses. Please advice.
By Srikanth 11 November 2010
Expert`s comment:

If the damage occured while getting repair from non authorised servicenter then you can't claim under warrnty.If it happened due to accident then you can claim the same with help of authorised dealer.

Answer by Shiva Shankar 11 November 2010

Dear Srikanth,
I don't think you would be indemnified by your Insurers,as the policy covers losses caused by "accidental external means"only.In this case the damage caused would not fall under this category.Hence it would be advisable to get it repaired under warranty.

Answer by Sudeep Kumar 11 November 2010

Dear Shrikant,
The said damages are not accidental due to external impact and as you brief it seems damages due to negligence while repairing hence it is not possible to get the compensation through insurance claim.

Answer by Mahendra 11 November 2010

Dear Srikant,
you cannot claim the said damage from the insurance company ,if u try otherwise that would be cheating.the best option would be contacting some experienced mechanic who can workout someway of cutting new thread in the exsisting c head ,if you go to authorised workshop they will replace it with a new c .head .

Answer by Rajiv 11 November 2010
Post your answer:
Your answer

Provide Contact Details